Invisalign® is a state-of-the-art alternative to traditional braces available at our Boston, MA practice. Invisalign® uses clear plastic aligner trays to correct crooked teeth. Both adults and teens tend to be good Invisalign® candidates.
There is special variation on Invisalign® that may be ideal for people who require just minor correction of their dental alignment issues. It’s known as Invisalign® Express. The team at Dental Associates of New England would like to consider the basics of Invisalign® Express below.
What Is Invisalign® Express?
Invisalign® Express refers to a faster and shorter version of Invisalign® treatment. It is specifically designed for people who experience very minor tooth misalignment that is more than just an aesthetic issue. Thanks to Invisalign® Express, patients can experience the benefits and results of invisible orthodontics, though with a much shorter treatment time.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Invisalign® Express?
Good candidates for Invisalign® Express are adults and teens who require minor orthodontic treatment for spacing issues and other forms of crookedness. There is very specific criteria to qualify for Invisalign® Express. It includes the following:
- Less than 2 mm of spacing or crowding per arch
- Minimal rotation of the cuspids, bicuspids, and incisors
- Less than 2 mm of midline correction required
- Less than 1.5 mm of dental expansion required per arch
During a consultation at our practice, we can assess your situation and determine if you qualify for Invisalign® Express or if traditional Invisalign® would be more ideal.
The Invisalign® Express Procedure
Invisalign® Express is similar to traditional Invisalign® treatment in a number of ways. Patients are instructed to wear their Invisalign® Express aligners at all times except when eating, drinking, or cleaning their teeth. This amounts to roughly 22 hours a day. Every two weeks, a new Invisalign® Express aligner is worn.
Overall treatment times can vary, but most Invisalign® Express patients only require about 10 aligners for full treatment. By comparison, traditional Invisalign® treatment can take between 20 and 30 aligners for final results.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign® Express?
There are many benefits to undergoing Invisalign® Express treatment. They are as follows:
- Reduced Treatment Time - Overall, Invisalign® Express treatment only takes 6 months or less. That's about half the time required for a normal Invisalign® patient.
- Ease and Convenience - Invisalign® Express is just as easy and convenient as traditional Invisalign®. Patients will be able to eat their favorite foods and go about their day without irritation from brackets or wires like with braces.
- Less Expensive Than Normal Invisalign® - Since there are fewer aligners used in Invisalign® Express, the overall cost of treatment tends to be less expensive that traditional Invisalign® or braces treatment.
- Improves Dental Health and Aesthetics - Invisalign® Express improves dental alignment as well as the look of your smile. This means enhanced dental health for patients, which can make a difference for the long-term wellness of the smile.
Is Invisalign® Express Right for Me?
If you want to find out if Invisalign® Express is right for you and your needs, it’s important that you visit our practice for a consultation. We can provide you with the information you need about Invisalign® Express, and offer our own informed opinions about your ideal treatment options.
Learn More About Invisalign® Express
To learn more about Invisalign® and your many other options for improving tooth alignment and the appearance of your smile, contact our team of experienced dentists today. The team here at Dental Associates of New England will help you smile with renewed confidence and improved health.