If you are considering Invisalign® vs. braces, the orthodontists at our Boston and Waltham practices can help decide which option is best for you. In many cases, the clear, removable aligners used during Invisalign® treatment are as effective as traditional metal braces, but are much more discreet and easy to maintain. Schedule a complementary consultation at Dental Associates of New England to find out which treatment best meets your needs.
The Invisalign® Difference
Invisalign® treatment is the comfortable, convenient, and discreet way to straighten your teeth. Instead of traditional metal hardware, Invisalign® patients wear a series of clear plastic aligner trays to move teeth gradually into their proper position. Each set of plastic aligners is custom made for a precise fit, and is worn for about two weeks before graduating to the next in the series. Patients wear their aligners for 22 hours a day, removing them during meals and while brushing and flossing. This modern approach to orthodontics can be used to treat a variety of alignment problems, but traditional braces may be required for more complex cases.
Invisalign® vs. Braces
- Invisalign® trays are virtually invisible, so no one will notice them when you are wearing them.
- The aligners are made of smooth plastic that will not irritate the soft tissues of the mouth.
- Because you remove your aligners to brush and floss, dental hygiene is no more difficult than before.
- Invisalign® trays are simple to keep clean. You just brush and rinse them while you are brushing your teeth.
- There is no need to eliminate certain foods from your diet since the aligners are removed during meal times.
- Invisalign® treatment takes about the same amount of time and costs about the same as traditional metal braces.
The type of treatment you decide upon for straightening your teeth is personal. It is important to weigh the benefits and risks of each before making your final decision.
Which Treatment is Right for Me?
Dental Associates of New England offers a full range of orthodontic products, and has been distinguished as Elite Preferred Providers of Invisalign®. During your consultation, we can determine which method of treatment is the best option to help you achieve your goals. Your orthodontic treatment is a personal choice, but after consulting with our doctors, you will be equipped with the knowledge to make an informed decision. Our staff will make sure that you understand everything about your chosen treatment plan, including the time frame and costs. We will also make sure that you have all of the information that you need regarding the financing options available to our patients.
Schedule Your Consultation
Everyone deserves to have a beautiful smile. Dental Associates of New England are here to help you achieve a smile you can be proud to share. Call our office to schedule an appointment and learn how Invisalign® can benefit you.
Before and After Gallery